Eating Disorder Treatment in Wisconsin
Eating disorder therapy focuses on the mental side of eating disorders. Your stomach isn’t the one calling the shots – it’s your mind.
Our goal is to retrain your mind to fight bad habits and other symptoms associated with eating disorders.
Our eating disorder treatment programs in Wisconsin cover a wide range of conditions, including:
- Anorexia Treatment
- Bulimia Treatment
- Binge Eating Treatment
- Compulsive Overeating Treatment
- Chronic Dieting Treatment
- Body Dysmorphia Treatment
All of our eating disorder treatment programs are completely confidential. Get the help you need at a price that’s right for you. Contact Sherman Counseling in Wisconsin to get started.
How Does Eating Disorder Treatment Work?
Eating disorder treatment is a personalized process. Your approach may be different than someone else’s. With that in mind, the overall goals for treatment remain the same. Your eating disorder counselor will work with you to overcome insecurities and reverse thought patterns that make your symptoms worse. You will set healthy goals each week to gradually change your lifestyle, and in time, you will eliminate your urges and cravings. Here is a brief overview of how eating disorder therapy works in Wisconsin:
- Talk to a Counselor in Confidence about the Nature of Your Eating Disorder
- Identify the Potential Source of Your Eating Disorder (Low Self-Esteem, Body Dysmorphia, Verbal Abuse in the Past, Etc.)
- Set Healthy, Realistic Goals to Change Your Eating and Exercise Habits
- Reverse Negative Thought Patterns That Fuel Eating Disorder Symptoms
- Get Additional Counseling for Depression, Anxiety, and More through Dual Diagnosis Therapy in Wisconsin
If you are interested in eating disorder treatment, contact one of our therapy offices in Wisconsin to schedule an appointment.
Body Dysmorphia Treatment in Wisconsin
Many eating disorders are the result of body dysmorphia. With this condition you perceive your body differently than other’s perceive it. Someone who is thin may think they are overweight. Someone who is overweight may look like skin and bones when they see themselves in the mirror. With body dysmorphia treatment, you will learn how to change that perspective and how to embrace the version of yourself that you see naturally. Boost your self-esteem, feel confident about your body, and work toward a better quality of life. The eating disorder treatment specialists at Sherman Counseling are happy to assist you.