Name : Austin Lucas, LCSW, SAC, PS-IT
Austin received a Bachelor of Social Work degree from Northern Michigan University and completed his Master’s Degree in Social Work at the University of South Carolina. He has clinical experience across a variety of settings including: inpatient psychiatric hospitals, community mental health, outpatient clinics, crisis intervention, and public health. Austin also has conducted research and administrative work to improve treatment outcomes. He has a broad range of clinical experience working with individuals or groups in the following areas:
- Dual Diagnosis (Substance Use & Mental Illness) •Depression and Bipolar Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders •Behavioral and Discipline Challenges
- Self-Image and Self-Esteem issues •Complicated Grief Reactions
- Trauma and Abuse •Family and Relationship Challenges
- Group Psychotherapy •Chronic Mental Illness
Austin’s approach emphasizes the importance of client input in the development of goals for therapy and ongoing evaluation of that therapeutic approach. Services can include individual, couples, family or group therapy. Austin is trained in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Moral Reconation Therapy, Solution Focused Therapy and Crisis Intervention. Austin is invested in emphasizing an integrative and holistic approach to mental health.